Bitcoin is the main digital currency that everyone is talking about right now. But, as investors close in on the 21 million coins that exist, other currencies are gaining in popularity. Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing is still unknown. But, when you think about it, any type of money is risky – not just digital currency.
If you want to invest in digital currency, you should learn about the many others that exist. Follow what’s happening, pay attention to the news and what financial investors are saying, and you can be very successful with this type of investing.
1. Litecoin (LTC) – You can learn about Litecoin at Litecoinpool.org. This cryptocurrency is a peer-to-peer online currency that enables almost zero-cost payments around the world for goods and services. It’s becoming quite popular due to the high cost of transactions with other types of cryptocurrencies. Miners get 25 new litecoins per block, which is halved about every four years.
2. Ethereum (ETH) – In order to get more ETH miners, you can work to earn it, or buy it with fiat currency. First, you have to buy a mining contract, which means you agree to give part of your earnings to the mining company.
3. Zcash (ZEC) – This open, permission-free cryptocurrency lets you keep your transaction more private. It shields the sender and recipient as well as the value of the block chain. Yet, the transactions are still safe and fully encrypted. They’re very new, so watch them before you participate.
4. Dash – This digital currency allows you to have digital cash that you can use anywhere so that you can make instant payments privately online or in a store using an open-source platform. You make purchases from your Dash Wallet. Go to Dash.org to find out more, sign up to be a merchant, or to find merchants.
5. Ripple (XRP) – You can use Ripple to make fast payments all over the world online (and offline in some cases) and at a lower cost than bitcoin. The block chain technology that is used is much more scalable and secure than some other types of cryptocurrency.
6. Monero (XMR) – This secure, private, and untraceable cryptocurrency is used all over the world. You act as your very own bank, and no one can see how much you have. You cannot be blacklisted by vendors. It works sort of like the old gold standard that fiat money used to use.
Even though there are other digital currencies, remember that right now bitcoin is the leader. Having said that, it doesn’t mean the others won’t catch up. Many others are becoming popular as people try to think of new ways to pay for what they want.
Start buying and selling at Coinbase.com!